Sunday 27 October 2013

mummy, mummy I wanna dog!

So, there is again "dog" subject.
Well, probably because I am a dog crazy ;) When I've still worked at my previous company I wrote a project for TV show about travelling with dogs. People in America seems to be all crazy about everything dog or pet related. But here, in UK things are slightly bit different. Not to mention my original home country. But I guess, each country has its own rights and demands. Travelling with dog - "Dog travels" - meant to be about me and my companion going across different parts of the world proving that it is doable. To prove all those who buy dogs and then leave them behind; some end up with friends or family, but some of them at shelters, which I think is absolutely unnecessary! Those people who gets dogs should not treat them as a toys but like a companions. Because from that point they will become permanent part of they lives. or good and bad.
So - in meantime I've lost that job and recently I found new one. And the dog subject doesn't want to get out of my head.

I owe it to one, very special dog, which was part of my life for some time.

Dred - Cao de serra de Aires (portuguese sheep dog)

Today I came up with an idea to ask google what, if any, are the options of possibility of taking your dog to work. For very long I was convinced that is completely impossible! It looks that I was wrong!! Amazing. I think that people sometimes don't try to find solutions and just take things for what they are.  Myself is the prime example. 8 years ago I left my dog. This terribly sad experience tear my heart apart and is the only thing I truly regret doing. But I was giving it in good hands and he had good life. (more story about this some other time)

Here are some links to the website I came across - I hope that they will inspire you and will help you to keep that amazing friendship with your dog all day long as you would like, at home and work. When I had Dred, my dog - I was travelling with him, even abroad, and I was taking him with me to my University for most of the time. Everyone loved him to bits!

This first link provides list of 10 top companies who let their employees bring them along, and I was completely surprised at what I read! Amazon, Google, Ben & Jerrys are all there!


1- http://www.mnn.com/family/pets/photos/10-companies-that-let-you-bring-your-dog-to-work/working-like-a-dog

2 - https://www.bluecross.org.uk/1752-99702/-how-to-convince-your-boss-to-let-you-bring-your-dog-to-work.html

3 - http://www.cesarsway.com/tips/yournewdog/How-to-bring-a-dog-into-an-office-pack

4 - http://thebark.com/content/dogs-work?page=2

5 - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/3357035/Its-a-dogs-life-at-work.html

No comments: