Wednesday 16 October 2013

Neuschwanstein Castle - another dream place/wish to come true :)

I know I made a bucket list for things I wanted to do in my life. But it wasn't the whole list. There's much  more to it! Lots of smaller or bigger things that will make me happy. And last weekend - I've seen the most beautiful castle in the world! Well - at least the most beautiful I've ever seen so far... :) Schloss Neuschwanstein is truly fairytale castle, inside and out. It not only looks outstanding on the postcards, but in reality too! No wonder that Disney took it as his logo picture. King Ludwig II (who build this castle for himself ) was claimed madman by his medic and he lost influence over the country, because he was more interested in art, poetry and Wagner's music. He eventually drowned in nearby lake with his medic in mysterious circumstances. He only lived in his castle about 1/3 of a year. Castle has never been finished and one whole floor is completely untouched. The rest - has amazing, beautiful paintings on every possible walls and marvellous carvings. It is such a shame that visitors have only 30 minutes to enjoy the inside...
Neuschwanstein means literally the New Swan Castle in reference to one of Wagner characters the Swan Knight. Swans are also visible in many paintings and became a sort of logo of the castle.

http://www.neuschwanstein.de/englisch/tourist/index.htm



Look of the castle (and me) from the hanging bridge

part of the wall painting from concert room

view from the castle towards Alps and hanging bridge

view from the castle towards the lake

mountains


Yes - that made me happy :)



No comments: